Home > Topics > Wellness > Beauty buys

Beauty buys

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo Sarah 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi all,
    We’re doing a round up of the community’s favourite beauty buys. If you’d like to be featured in this article, simply let us know below:

– What the product is
    – Why you like it
    – Your name + any social media you’d like to be linked to

Thanks!

Hannah

Profile Photo
    Rae
    Participant

I’ve become obsessed with nail oil. Years of biting & picking have left mine weak but a quick rub with a drop of this every morning & my hands look in the best condition ever! Great for giving toe nails a treat too.

Instagram: rae_ritchie_

Profile Photo
    Sarah
    Participant

Pixi Glow Tonic (exfoliating toner)

I use this morning and night to brighten and even out my skin. It prevents my pores from becoming clogged, helps to keep my skin clear and clears any marks/scarring more quickly from any spots I do get (I have very pale skin and it marks very easily). Also, Pixi don’t test their products on animals.

Instagram – judy_dixie

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile Photo Sarah.
    Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah
    I’ve seen quite a few articles about the pixi glow tonic and spotted it in the shop the other day. I wasn’t sure whether it was worth buying (I’m currently trying to buy less stuff – my bathroom cabinet looks like a beauty shop shelf). Good to know that it’s as good as the press says.

Profile Photo
    lara messer
    Keymaster

I’ve recently started using L’Occitane products – espesh their amazing Creme Perfectrice! It smells amazing, makes your skin so soft and they don’t test on animals. HUGE fan of theirs. I love their almond hand cream too… good enough to eat!

Profile Photo
    Sarah
    Participant

I’ve seen quite a few articles about the pixi glow tonic and spotted it in the shop the other day. I wasn’t sure whether it was worth buying (I’m currently trying to buy less stuff – my bathroom cabinet looks like a beauty shop shelf). Good to know that it’s as good as the press says.

I stopped using it for a few weeks, to see if I noticed any difference and my pores became blocked and skin was a bit lumpy again. It might have been a coincidence, but it did seem to clear within about a week of using it again! You have to make sure you use SPF on your face when using it, as it makes you more susceptible to sunburn. I’m very pale, so I tend to anyway.

I try not to hoard beauty products now, as it got a bit out of control at one point!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar