Home > Topics > Birthday Party! > Birthday songs playlist

Birthday songs playlist

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo Rachel Khoo 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi all,

It’s our birthday soon and we’d love your help to put a playlist together of birthday party songs we can dance around Khoollect HQ to. We’ll also put the playlist on the website so you can join in 🙂

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile Photo Hannah Adams.
    Profile Photo
    Carina
    Participant

I suggest ‘Trouble with Us’ by Chet Faker and Marcus Marr for absolutely all party situations! It will have guests up and boogieing in no time. Their EP ‘Work’ in general is pretty funky.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile Photo Carina.
    Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi Carina,
    Thank you so much for the suggestion. It’s on the list!
    Best,
    Hannah

Profile Photo
    @shley
    Participant

Hi Team Khoollect
    You’ll probably have a cool DJ spinning the the modern tunes that you young people like ..but Id get the party started along the lines of your tagline “Inspiration from etc….”
    So , start with a bunch of David Byrne’s Luka Bop compliations..these are an incredible mix of Pop and dance from around the world …not your mung bean eating worthy world music type ,,but GREAT party music from Brasil,India,Columbia,Cuba,France,Japan,China…really good ,,,there is a cool one called 10 years with no accidents on the job its very good…

The “So frenchy so Chic” compilations that you can grab on the ITunes store are a fantastic mix of French and sometimes the latest Middle Eastern Dance and Pop…will also get the hips swinging
    You have to have some cool 70s Soul along the lines of Donny Hathaway’s “In the Ghetto” this will pack the dance floor ,,, The Rhino records Disco Box has some great Philly Soul and cool no i mean that Cool Disco tracks for that retro feel,… this will slide nicley into the latest Avalanches CD …
    failing that ..Ill bring my ipod
    Happy Birthday Khoollect
    Cheers
    @sh

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi @sh thank you for your message! These tracks sound like great additions for our playlist and will really get our feet movin’. Seems like you’re really into music?!
    Thanks, Hannah

Profile Photo
    lara messer
    Keymaster

Hmmm i’d say Beach Boys – Wouldn’t it be nice

Profile Photo
    Lisa Posatska
    Participant

Stromae – Ave Cesaria

Profile Photo
    Alyssa
    Participant

I’m coming at you with a classic oldie that usually get everyone singing!
    Ain’t No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar