Home > Topics > How do you bring colour to your life? > Cheap ways to add colour

Cheap ways to add colour

This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lisa Posatska Lisa Posatska 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hannah Adams
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi Pooja, thank you for joining in on the forum. What an amazing idea! Are you a crafter?

Profile photo of poojya
    poojya
    Participant

Thank you Hannah, No Im not a Crafter, i Love DIY especially Interior design .i I recently moved into a new house and i have white walls, so doing my best to add pop of colours wherever i can. This topic Is so perfect and helpful right now.

Profile photo of poojya
    poojya
    Participant

Another good way to add colour is playing with curtains. If you are using two curtains you can have them in complementary colours… would look great.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of poojya poojya.
    Profile photo of Maggi
    Maggi
    Participant

I have really started liking the color red in my kitchen. I have nice cool tones and then splashes of red like my red salt cellar, red spoons, and red towels.

Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi Poojya, thank you for your response. The idea of winding colourful wool around bottles is a great suggestion! You could also use the bottles as candle holders. Any other suggestions for adding colour to your home? Thanks, Hannah

Profile photo of constellations
    constellations
    Participant

I use my refrigerator doors as a scrapbook of sorts – it is filled with pictures and colorful magnets and postcards from my travels. I also have cookbooks stacked all over my house, which inadvertently adds color 🙈

Profile photo of Maggi
    Maggi
    Participant

Great idea with the refrigerator!

Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi @constellations – fab thought. I find my fridge door acts as a source for inspiration. Where have you been on your travels?

Profile photo of Lisa Posatska
    Lisa Posatska
    Participant

My suggestion for adding colour is to stick to items that are small and easily replaceable! I find it is easy to get bored of, or even annoyed and bothered by, a bold colour. I like to add colour in pillow cases (as you mentioned), kitchen tools (such as pots, spatulas), notepads, etc.

Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    Great suggestions. They’re also fun things to purchase 🙂 Are there nice stationary stores around you?

Profile photo of Murissa Shalapata
    Murissa Shalapata
    Participant

I love a good wine glass and a table full of mismatched barware makes me happy.
    I also like to swap out colourful tea towels each week and fingers are crossed that my family gets me this gorgeous blue/white Royal Doulton plate set off of our wedding registry. I need new plates and regret not going with some brighter ones.

I love foodie art too and Etsy provides a great place for both instant downloads you can print off and put in your own frame or splurge on a canvas.

Hannah Adams
    Participant

Thanks Murissa. Ah how’s the wedding planning coming along? When’s the big day?

Lisa Posatska
    Participant

Hi Hannah,
    Unfortunately no nice stationary stores. There are a few stationary stores, but they are very ordinary and boring. We are kind of living in the past here in Italy… 😉
    I have some notepads from Toronto, Germany, and Sweden!

Yes, Murissa, let’s hear more about your wedding!

Profile photo of Rachel Khoo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa
    I discovered Fabriano stationery store when I was in Verona. They had some nice stuff. Apparently they have a few stores around Italy.

Lisa Posatska
    Participant

Thanks Rachel for the recommendation! I will have to look out for it the next time I am in one of those cities

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar