Home > Topics > Travel > Eating affordably in Oslo

Eating affordably in Oslo

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rachel Khoo Rachel Khoo 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jocelyn
    Jocelyn
    Participant

The other day my boyfriend and parents and I found insanely cheap flights to Oslo (less than a tenner!) and a really affordable city centre Airbnb so we booked it without hesitation. We all knew Oslo was expensive when you get there, but I don’t think we were prepared for the prices we’ve seen in our restaurant research! Prices that we would consider to be mid range to expensive in the UK seem to be their idea of cheap!

Does anyone have any advice of where and how we can eat cheaply in Oslo so that what we intended to be an affordable city break can stay that way? We’re only going for 2.5 days so just need 2 dinner places and 3 lunch places really. Happy to self-cater one night, in which case what ingredients are particularly good in Oslo that we should grab in the supermarket? I’m pescetarian and my mum doesn’t eat pork or shellfish so those are our limitations.

Also would be appreciative of any suggestions of must-see things if anything springs to mind!

Thanks all, have a lovely day xx

Profile photo of Rachel Khoo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

Hi Jocelyn,
    How exciting you’re off to Oslo. I went there several years ago for work. I had the same problem finding affordable restaurants or even affordable sandwich. So I’ld definitely be interested to hear if anyone has some good tips.
    I did have an excellent Thai meal in Oslo at Plah. I was very fortunate to be invited so didn’t take much notice of the bill. So not sure how affordable it is.
    Enjoy!
    Rachel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar