Home > Topics > Khoollect conversations > Food Photography

Food Photography

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Murissa Shalapata Murissa Shalapata 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Murissa Shalapata
    Murissa Shalapata
    Participant

Hi Rachel and company,

I love to cook and bake. I have a blog where I want to publish more recipes accompanied with stories but the only thing holding me back in my terrible food photography.

My kitchen doesn’t have very good lighting – pot lights all overhead creating shadows when I’m in one’s way.My countertop also isn’t very bright – hoping to change that next summer.

Any advice for food photography in my case?

Profile photo of Lisa Posatska
    Lisa Posatska
    Participant

Does your kitchen have windows?
    You should take photos in natural light (turn off ALL lights in the room).
    You could also (carefully) bring the food outside or to another room if that is the only way to get natural light in the photo.

I believe there is an article, by Lara, with lots of tips for food photography here on Khoollect!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Lisa Posatska Lisa Posatska.
    Profile photo of Murissa Shalapata
    Murissa Shalapata
    Participant

I have terrible natural light in my townhouse. The layout of my house is narrow with windows only in the kitchen (back of the house) and at the front of the house by the door. I take photos outside but if the weather is bad (like it has been in Winter and Spring) I can’t get the photos I need during these months.

I’ve been thinking about getting a photo kit from Amazon but not sure where to start.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar