London to Edinburgh: Best place to stop for an afternoon

Home Forums Travel London to Edinburgh: Best place to stop for an afternoon

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo Murissa Shalapata 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile Photo
    Murissa Shalapata
    Participant

Hello Khoollect Travellers!

My fiancé and I are heading to Edinburgh by train from London in September. We wanted to stop and check out a small town for lunch/history along the way. Any recommendations and why?

If you’re a blogger and we use your suggestions I’ll link to your site referencing you!

Thank you,
    Murissa

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

Hi Murissa,

I went to Edinburgh years ago for the Edinburgh fringe festival so unfortunately I haven’t any good suggestions (apart from I had a fabulous time). Definitely let me know how it goes and whether you have any favs.

Profile Photo
    Bex Shannon
    Keymaster

Hi Murissa,
    Sounds like a fun trip you’ve got planned. My aunt lives in a quaint little village called Peebles, which is just outside Edinburgh. It’s quite an arty/cultural little hub and is positioned along the river Tweed. Worth a visit. Check out http://www.peebles.info/

Profile Photo
    Rhia Chohan
    Participant

Hi Murissa,

Edinburgh is such a lovely place, you’re going to love it. We rented a little apartment on Airbnb in Grassmarket, which overlooks the castle. My favourite places to eat were The Outsider (book early for one of the castle-view tables on the top floor) and The Ship on the Shore for seafood.

And of course you should visit The Elephant House, famous because J. K. Rowling wrote many of the Harry Potter novels sat in the back room.

And if the weather’s nice, a walk on Calton Hill is a must 🙂

Enjoy your trip!
    Rhia

Profile Photo
    Sonya Gellert
    Participant

Ah, Rhia and Lara you’ve convinced me to pack up and head to Edinburgh now! Great tips x

Profile Photo
    Murissa Shalapata
    Participant

Thanks everyone!
    I was thinking more like a train stop over. I am pondering on Stratford Upon Avon or Leeds, or even York.

Sorry should have clarified but I will take you up on your suggestions! Peebles looks lovely!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar