Tips to relax

Home Forums Take it slow Tips to relax

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi everyone,

We’re keen to know what you do to de-stress. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hannah

Profile Photo
    SiddhiJK
    Participant

Well I bake when I am stressed! It takes away the stress in a jiffy. I think when you do something you are passionate about , it takes away the stress! It can be anything, drawing, reading, listening to music ,etc!

Profile Photo
    SiddhiJK
    Participant

I made this checkerboard cookies recently and it really put me into such relaxed mood…

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi Siddhi, very cool. Did you follow a recipe?

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hello everyone! Welcome to the forum if you haven’t been on here before.

We’re using this platform as a way for all of us to speak to one another. If you have anything you’d like to discuss, please feel free to start a new thread.

This week, as you’ve probably guessed (ha!), is about sharing tips on how to relax, de-stress and generally look after our wellbeing.

This live chat will run until 1.30pm, but this thread will stay open so if you come back later you can easily join in on the conversation.

The first question is quite simply: how do you wind down at the end of a day?

Profile Photo
    Sonya Gellert
    Participant

Siddhi, those checkerboard cookies look divine!

Funnily enough, as much as I love to eat and write about food, cooking makes me a little bit flustered! To clear my head, I like to meditate. It’s not always possible to fit in ten minutes of it everyday; but some days I’ll take 20 minutes of meditation on my lunch break at Khoollect HQ!

Aside from that, I like to shake it off by hula-hooping, listening to music and/or just opening a good book and take some time out.

Are there any other meditators out there?

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

For me it definitely has to be a soak in the tub. Ideally with plenty of bubbles or some kind of nice salt soak. Combine that with a magazine ideally one which is more about the visuals then the words and some relaxing music in the background. Heaven!

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

I must say some good biscuits, like yours @siddhi and a cup of tea is also an excellent relaxation combination.

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

Anybody tried some apps? I gave digipill a go but I found the guys voice a bit too annoying after a while.

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

A bath is always splendid! You might like this: a floating sauna! I quite like the idea of getting really hot and sweaty then jumping into a lake = super therapeutic!

http://www.techinsider.io/floating-sauna-best-way-to-relax-2016-6

Profile Photo
    Sonya Gellert
    Participant

That looks fun, Hannah! As for the apps Rachel, I quite enjoyed Head Space. I usually prefer silent meditation, but this is really helpful for a mind that won’t sit still!

https://www.headspace.com/

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

A friend of mine recommended sleeping to a white noise app but it didn’t work as I found it too distracting. Some people love the sounds of the rainforest and lapping waves but it’s not for me.

Profile Photo
    lara messer
    Keymaster

Pyjamas, Netflix and a dominos pizza! Think that’s EXACTLY what I’ll be doing after moving house today. Xx

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

I hope the move is going well Lara! Sounds like a plan.

For everyone on the forum right now, just to let you know that we have a nightwear company called Yawn London coming into the office tomorrow morning at 10 am for a Facebook live chat. They’ll be giving us some tips on how to get a good sleep.

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Does anybody have pets that help them relax? There’s scientific proof that interactions with animals can help people be calmer and I’m a true believer in this.

My Grandad is a guide dog trainer and often takes his dogs in to universities in exam times for students to stroke them. It’s beneficial for the dogs in training and the people!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar