Home > Topics > Take it slow > Tips to relax

Tips to relax

This topic contains 38 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo Hadassa 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Hi Maggi, that’s really interesting. I think everyone should drink more water! Do you do the same walk or do you venture different areas? I’d like to try to go walking after work. I live near a huge park called Richmond Park, so I really have no excuse!

Profile Photo
    Maggi
    Participant

I walk at the same park but it has several different walking trails. If I don’t walk in the morning because I have to work early I try to walk after dinner. I read that walking after you eat helps with digestion, I know I feel better after I do it!

Profile Photo
    Hannah Adams
    Participant

Great news Maggi! Sounds like it’s really helping you 🙂

Profile Photo
    Maggi
    Participant

I hope to lose some weight as well. My husband told me if I get down to my goal weight he will buy me a whole new wardrobe!!

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

Hi Maggi

I’ve taken up walking too (partly because the dog needs it as much as I do). I find early morning walks work the best for me. I get so distracted during the day and then end up being too tired or more likely too attracted to the sofa! Good job on having the motivation to go after dinner.

Profile Photo
    Maggi
    Participant

@rachel what kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian Cattle dog which requires a lot of exercise.

Profile Photo
    Rachel Khoo
    Keymaster

@maggi – Ah lovely! I can imagine you have to take your dog out a lot then. I actually read about a dog joggers in London rather than dog walkers for dogs who need more vigorous exercise. I have a black labrador retriever. She’s got a lot of energy but is equally happy snuggling on the sofa. Rachel Khoo's dog

Profile Photo
    Russell
    Participant

Quite simply has to be cooking. I feel most at ease when confronted with beautiful ingredients.However,as dogs have been mentioned I can’t possibly ignore my 2 rescue pups.Long walks by the sea with them and then home,music on,start cooking! Relaxation heaven!

Quinoa & harissa tabbouleh

Pistachio cake chai ice cream

pup 1

pup 2

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Profile Photo Russell.
    Profile Photo
    Hadassa
    Participant

@siddhi your cookies look amazing! thanks for sharing the recipe. Like you cooking relaxes me too, doesn’t matter in what kind of mood I am…it always helps. But have to say pj’s on the couch is also a good one. I also do reiki (I’m a reiki master) nothing to woolly, it absolutely helps me to relax and just not think about anything for a while.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar