The author behind The New Paris: The People, Places & Ideas Fueling a Movement, Lindsey Tramuta shares her go-to locales for caffeinated drops in the French capital. Here’s where she suggests you stop by:
- For flat white fans, head to Honor Cafe, where the English-Australian owners turn out expert cups with latte art that’s sure to impress the most discerning.
- To mix high-quality breakfast and lunch fare with your coffee (and sit-down service), nobody does it better than Holybelly (but arrive just before it opens to avoid lines).
- For simple soups, salads, and sandwiches made fresh daily to go along with your coffee, your options are legion — Ten Belles, Cafe Oberkampf, Cafe Loustic, Cafe Lomi, Costume, KB Cafe, Honor, La Fontaine De Belleville and The Broken Arm. It’s up to you to decide which neighbourhood you are most keen to explore.
- Sip and shop at The Broken Arm, a fashion and accessories concept store/coffee shop hybrid located across from the Square du Temple, or Cafe Smorgas, the Swedish coffee shop annex to the homewares shop La Tresorerie.
- Learn about the nuanced tastes and aromas of coffee by attending a coffee cupping at Belleville Brulerie, Terres De Cafe, or The Beans on Fire (then pick up a bag of freshly roasted coffee to take home with you).
Sonya is Khoollect’s Deputy Editor. Having hopped across to London from sunny Australia, this lang...READ MORE BY Sonya Gellert
More about Lindsey...
Read our Q&A with the American-turned-Parisian author.