**Applications for this role closed on Friday 18 November. Keep your eyes on our Instagram and newsletters for future vacancies **
Khoollect editorial and social media internship
The Khoollect team is offering an exciting opportunity to an energetic, enthusiastic and switched-on person. We’re seeking an up-and-coming editorial and social media star to complete a paid internship at Khoollect, in London. The internship will run for four months – from January-April 2017 – and could become a permanent role for the right person. We’re a small but perfectly formed team that is creative, adaptable and excited about the content we produce. We’re looking for someone who’ll make a positive addition to Team Khoollect.
The perfect candidate for this internship must have:
- Fantastic work ethic
- The ability to pay very close attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
- Strong writing and self-editing skills
- Knowledge of social media conventions
- Enviable organisational abilities
- A willingness to contribute content ideas
- The skills to create snappy copy in the Khoollect tone of voice
- An understanding of the Khoollect brand and our community
- An ability to meet weekly deadlines and help out colleagues where required
- A reliable, positive attitude and willingness to learn
- An interest in lifestyle subjects: from food to fashion, to film and travel
In an ideal world, you might also have experience using WordPress (or a similar publishing platform), and experience working across a variety of social media platforms. (Knowledge of MailChimp is a bonus.)
Your days will be varied, and can include such things as organising competitions, writing content for the site and its social media platforms, coordinating interviews, scheduling social media, brainstorming with the team, helping to plan events, supporting our marketing and partnership endeavours, assisting with newsletter content…and even occasionally hand modelling for shoots (yes, really). You’ll have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of content creation in a digital publishing environment.
How to apply
If you think you’re a great fit for the position, apply to email@example.com by Friday 18 November 2016 to demonstrate why. Please include a short covering letter, your CV and the following completed tasks:
- A sample Khoollect-style post (between 250-300 words) on ‘tips for setting and keeping your new year’s resolutions’
- Accompanying Twitter, Facebook and Instagram copy to promote the piece (one post for Instagram, one post for Facebook and three posts for Twitter)
In your email, please use the subject line: ‘Khoollect internship application’.
You’re welcome to link us to any personal blogs, previous work and social media accounts you’d like to share within your email. Take a peek at some of our other tips posts to get an idea of our style.
Please note: this is not a food styling role. This full-time position is strictly based in London (remote work is not an option) and you must have the right to work in the UK to apply. Khoollect receives a high amount of applications; to make your application stand out, please avoid cutting and pasting previous cover letters; instead, consider your application a chance to show off your creative flair.
Apply by Friday 18 November.