Comfy knits: these jumpers are too hygge-licious for you
In our neck of the woods, this time of year is a celebration of over-sized comfy knits. Call them sweaters, call them jumpers, or call them PJ’s you can leave the house in, a big comfy knit is a winter essential. At Khoollect HQ, we find not-so-serious colourful jumpers are an effective way to get through the post-Christmas chill. You might have a favourite vintage number you pull out (a little more moth-bitten) from the back of your wardrobe each year; but, if you think it might be time for a freshie, here’s a list of some the spiffiest knits catching our eyes for the season ahead:
- This two-tone jumper from Boden demonstrates the vibrant warmth that comes from bringing two deliciously bright colours together. This pink-and-red number could be made even more fun with a splash of red lippy your favourite pair of jeans.
- Feeling bold and in the mood for a little twinkle? Contrast those grey winter skies with this shimmery piece from & Other Stories. It may not be a flounce-around-the-house jumper, but it’s bound to catch eyes out and about, and is perfect for those who don’t do casual.
- If cosy is your thang, slip this fisherman’s jumper over your head and feel right at home. And, snoop Urban Outfitter’s male jumper section for a range of fun colours; girls aren’t the only ones who want to have fun, you know.
- A little bit shaggy, a little bit chic, this jumper is a day-to-nighter and will take you from park stroll to pub on a winter’s day. For shorties (like yours truly), this one is also available in Topshop’s petite sizes.
- For days spent indoors with good books, classic films and bowls of soup, this Lazy Oaf number is the over-sized jumper for the job. And, its slogan perfectly represents your day’s activities.
- This work of art is for those who prefer their knitwear with a splash of pink and a cactus to boot. Specific preferences, sure, but super fun. It kind of reminds us of this fun Instagram feed.
- What better way to bring a little colour into your life than with the work of lauded Australian artist Ken Done? This unisex sweater depicting the Great Barrier Reef is a winner for any pattern-loving art enthusiast who also happens to prioritise comfort.
- And finally, if you’re a little more subtle and understated than the rather garish author of this list, stripe right with this snazzy Oasis jumper. Just promise me you’ll at least add a silly necklace for good measure.
We love a comfy knit around here. Here’s out tips for taking care of yours.
Sonya is Khoollect’s Deputy Editor. Having hopped across to London from sunny Australia, this lang...READ MORE BY Sonya Gellert